Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Singalong

One of Molly's favorite songs is one called "Jump-up". It's a kids song that she 1st heard on Sesame Street and since she liked it so much I bought it for her to listen to. If I play it while we're in the car, whenever it's over she says "Jump-up again". When listening to other songs, she'll frequently ask "different song?" but "Jump-up" NEVER gets this treatment, it is her favorite song. On one of our nightly walks she got into her "Mama" loop, where she just keeps repeating "mama, mama, mama..." even though she doesn't seem to really want anything from me, just wants to keep my attention I suppose. To try to break the cycle, I asked her to sing me a song. She started with the "ABC song"(I'd say she knows about 3/4ths of it now). Then she went into Jump-up. I wish I had a recorder on me because it was so cute. Her words went something like "Jump-up, Jump-up, I know lying down, Jump-up dance with me" just for reference, the actual lyrics are "Jump-up, Day is breaking, Jump-up, let's get shaking, I know, you're lying down, Jump-up and we'll dance around." Jonny and I were cracking up, it was just so painfully adorable. She's since learned the entire 1st verse. Just today she was running around the house singing it over and over.
In other cuteness news, today out of the blue she decided that a Lego piece was a camera and proceeded to take pictures while exclaiming "cheeeeeeese" over and over. So naturally I had to take pictures of her "taking pictures". This started a whole vicious cycle and now I have like a billion of the same picture, oh-well, happens all the time. I think I'm going to have to get a few of those huge Terabyte hard drives to hold all of the childhood pictures of Molly and now Maisie? Maggie?...no decisions yet.
Cheeseball

Smile!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure I've seen them before, but I love the drapes in her room! So pretty! Also, I'm noticing her little chubby cheeks in these pictures and am falling in love with her all over again. Did I tell you we'll be there in June? Can't wait to see you guys! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! You've been blogging away....I had to catch up! Can't wait to hear her sing her Jump Up song...that is too cute! See you guys soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again, the girls are doing the same thing! Shocking! Kate tries to sing "Go Diego Go" and "Olivia" theme songs. Kate is not as verbally fluent as Molly so hers go more like "godiegogogo..." over and over and over...but she does some fancy moves nonetheless! She is also doing the "mamma, mamma, mamma..." thing too for no reason at all just to keep my attention on her just like you said. I hope to see you guys this week for Fair Time! I want to hear Molly sing me some songs!

    ReplyDelete